You may have waited for this moment for many years. Now, it finally happened that for the first time in your life, you managed to get your own dog. He is just perfect in every way. You had the opportunity to teach him some basic commands and is ready to strike out on your first vacation together. You’ve set your sites on one of Grants Pass Hotels and can almost feel the wind through your hair and see how it combs through the fur of your beloved friend as he looks forward to spending a dog-friendly vacation with you.
With this thought in mind, you will most likely head over to sites such as dogfriendly.com when looking for a pet-friendly hotel in Grants Pass, Oregon. Over here you will discover hotels such as the Redwood Motel where dogs of all sizes may stay over at an additional $10 per night per pet. Be aware of the fact that there are limited pet rooms, so you need to advise the hotel management about your dog before making your reservations
Don’t forget to gather the gear to ensure an enjoyable stay at lodging Grants Pass like the Redwood Hyperion Suites
Gathering the Gear for Your Pet Holiday in Grants Pass
Dogs need plenty of things when on vacation. To this end we provided a checklist of stuff you should tag along with you to ensure a hassle free vacation:
- Treats and food – If you are not sure that you’ll locate the right brands of treats and foods for your dog along the way, it is best to pack sufficient supplies for the trip ahead of you, and do not forget the can opener for opening any canned food.
- Vitamins, supplements and any other medications needed.
- Water – If your dog’s tummy tend to get upset easily, it may be a good idea to take along extra drinking water from home.
- Food bowls – portable bowls are easy to pack and perfect for when you are out and about. Take along some anti-spill water bowls.
- A dog bed and a few of his favorite toys to ensure your beloved friend is comfortable at night time in unfamiliar locations.
- Include your cell phone number on your dog’s ID tag, and if any particular medication is needed, include this information as well.
- Dog leash that is not longer than 6-feet. Another leash of about 15 to 20 feet is perfect if you plan on hiking with your dog.
- Waste bags come in handy to pick up after him as you go on your way.
- To clean up after some muddy paws and any other mess, take along a few rolls of paper towels and even a quality carpet cleaner for use on the hotel’s carpet in case of an accident.
- Taking an old towel with is a good idea in case of the need to swim or when it’s raining.
- Proof of vaccination, which some campgrounds, dog parks, and hotels may require. Kennel services will also require these documents for when you want to venture out with some new found friends while on vacation in Grants Pass.
- Take along any medical records as you never know when an unexpected injury may present itself. All you need with you is scanned documents on a USB drive. Do not forget to have your vet’s phone number and make a note of the National Animal Poison Control Center, which is (888) 426-4435.
- It’s a good idea to have a photo of your dog in cases where you get separated so you may put a poster quickly.
All this preparation takes time, but you will be glad you did it as your trip to Grants Pass and staying over at the Redwood Hyperion Suites will be an enjoyable one.
Now that you have all this behind you, it is time to see what you can do while in Grants Pass.
Activities Near Grants Pass Motels like the Redwood Motel
Maybe you’ll favor doing something downtown while visiting the Grants Pass area:
- How about picking out some handmade treats and fresh produce at the Growers Market.
- Head over to Schmidt’s House to learn about the history of Josephine County and Grants Pass
- Shop the various stores for products that you’ll find hard getting anywhere else
- Grab your favorite coffee, tea or a delicious smoothie from the Dutch House
- Go to Grants Pass Pharmacy’s Soda Fountain to pick a tasty phosphate flavor
- How about visiting the historic Blind George’s Popcorn Newsstand for some popcorn.
- Then again, there are numerous antique stores you can browse at your leisure.
Just some of the many ways you and your beloved pet can make the most of your stay at one of the top Grants Pass Hotels like the Redwood Motel This is definitely the best hotel Grants Pass